When we think of legal services, we are overflowed with the thoughts of entangled judicial system and complexities pertaining to obsolete process. But in recent times, many new-age legal firms have entered the domain to make it more fruitful and seamless for the clients. They have adopted methodologies that are at par with the international standards, bringing the best practices from around the globe. Which is the first name that comes into your mind when you think of complete legal solutions in India?
Without a pinch of doubt, it has to beTheThukral Groupfor many obvious reasons. It is an Indian law group substantially comprising of diversified structured firms providing extensive range of legal services and legal representation to domestic as well as international clients in various fields of law. Since its inception in 2001, its offices are providing representation before court and legal services to clients from more than 25 countries around the globe.
The Thukral Group has provided an uprising domain of law including:
- Constitutional Law, Government Laws and Writ Petitions.
- Litigation, Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Inter-country Adoptions.
- International Arbitration
- Real Estate, Property Matters, Inheritance Laws and Wills.
- Corporate Consultancy, Business Startups and Subsidiary Launch.
- Immigration Law, Citizenship Matters, Deportation and Extradition.
- Investigation and Exploration Services.
Under the Thukral Group umbrella, there are vividly diversified segments:
- Thukral Law Associates:The Delhi based company partners with more than 140 law firms around the globe and have been extensively providing legal services and advisory directly to international clients from more than 22 countries. Thukral Law Associates enjoys the distinction of being one of those firms which have a full legal service presence in almost all major cities of India through its associate offices, which include New Delhi, Gurgaon, Punjab, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jammu, Allahabad, Nainital, Bangalore, Pune.
- Thukral Business Services:It is a unique one stop enterprise providing business consulting services to corporations internationally and within India. Thukral Business Services has been established with the sole aim of providing an extensive range of corporate services to new burgeoning companies who aspire and endeavor to establish a business in India.
- Thukral Global Immigration:It is majorly known to provide extensive range of services in the field of Immigration and citizenship matters. The firm also deals with deportation and intricate immigration matters in association with myriad law firms around the globe. The firm works in partnership and association with registered immigration consultants and immigration lawyers especially in US, Canada, Australia and UK.
- Thukral Real Estate:The Firm involves lawyers, paralegals and property evaluators specially dealing up with real estate and property matters. NRIs and international clients facing problems in selling, buying or managing property in India is one of the sole reasons for the establishment of this branch. Individuals facing problems in getting their properties converted to freehold from leasehold sometimes becomes very complicated, and it is at that time when the firm lawyers take hold and get the process concluded.
- ThukralEspion:It deals with investigation and exploration services. The firm works in association with top reputed names in the field to provide best and competitive services to its clients. The firm also works in association with scientific experts to seek opinion on various intricate matters which include Handwriting experts, Medical experts, Architects, Real Estate Evaluators, Chartered Accountants etc.
“Be your biggest competitor, challenge yourself each day to be better than you were yesterday”
The Thukral Group believes in the above saying and faces every new and challenging situation boldly. Since no two cases are ever the same; therefore, the team enjoys anticipating unforeseen problems. The team is open for every new challenging situation and facing it with patience, courage and innovation. Since it has clients globally, upholding the communication with them is in itself a different challenge among other daily challenges. Therefore, working according to their time availability schedule and work demand is more like fast paced task so the team is confident enough with their ability to work under pressure.
“Growth is never by mere chance, it is the result of forces working together”. –James Cash Penny
The power of cooperation is much stronger than fighting alone and this belief only makes it apart from our peers. Such management system of the Thukral Group has amassed and honed a unique skill set that makes it a well-rounded and versatile law firm nationally and internationally. The Thukral Group is able to tackle issues with a wide perspective and formulate effective problem resolution options. In the field of law which is very wide the team have also had the opportunity to work with and under people with various personalities, renowned business groups in America, reputed and well known individuals having a engraving mark in the society from Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Russia, America and many more. The team is able to understand and work with different work styles which help me along with team to work in collaboration and independently. These traits along with the team’s genuine desire to help others and provide best legal services to its client makes the Thukral Group set apart from its peers.
Based on the experience in specialized area of practice and complementary advantages, it assigns professionals who are the most skilled in the related fields to each case to ensure that the client receives customized response to their needs. A law firm is not only about providing legal services but also about a proper management system which is also the core part of a law firm. The Management system in a law firm is one hell of a tightrope to walk. The management system of a law firm includes proper paperwork Management System, running effective meetings time to time, Client Data Management, Financial Management, People Management, Strategic Planning, Administrative Systems, Technology Management and Information Management System, etc.
To achieve so much of excellence, it’s more than obvious to have undergone hindrances. These are a part & parcel of any setup and there were obstacles during the initial days of Thukral Group as well. The main obstacle for the firm in initial days was to manage the cases and clients as it was all of a new set up. There is a saying that“first impression is the last impression”andmanaging the clients and their questions was an obstacle and not disappointing them with the legal services was a pressure in itself. “Though it was tough initially but eventually I got the solution to all the obstacles and it isBe a S.T.A.R i.e., Situation, Task, Action and Result”,says Karan Thukral, Founder of Thukral Group.In MrThukral’s words, if any obstacle comes just analyze the situation and point down the task which needs to be done in the situation and prepare your action accordingly and thereafter result will be favorable only.
“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. And a struggle is worthy enough only if a person learns from it. Out of all what mainly I have learnt is to be calm, patient and positive. One should not lose hope during difficult times”, adds Mr Thukral.
Learning the nuisances of clients’ needs
When we talk about its clients, it has got clientele from across the globe. The clientele includes Bollywood personalities, Top reputed names from America, Australia, England, Corporate Houses, Top reputed American Hospitals and also renowned Attorneys and Law Firms from USA, Australia, U.K., Cyprus, Kenya, Canada and also International Consulates. The Thukral Group treat its each client as a member and friend and be in touch with them on a regular basis.
One should learn the tactics to fathom the needs of clients from the seasoned expertise of the group.
- Focus on exceptional communication:Timely, efficient communication should be a priority.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards your client:As stressed out or overwhelmed as you may feel, it’s important to show a positive face to your clients. Exude the energy and confidence that you want your clients to feel about your work.
- Acknowledge your client as an individual:While your relationship with your client is of a professional nature, acknowledging that you see them as a person more than a paycheck can go a long way.
- Share Knowledge:If your client doesn’t understand your area of expertise, they may feel ignorant about the intricacies of the process and therefore disconnected from the development of the project. This is your opportunity to share information that will help the client understand what you do, which will build trust and confidence in the process.
- Be open:In order to build a strong and lasting relationship with clients, they must be able to trust and rely on you as an expert. That’s why it’s crucial that you maintain a policy of openness when it comes to your professional opinions and point of view regarding the best interests of the project.
- Exceed expectations:One of the best ways to help build a strong relationship with a client is to develop a reputation as an independent consultant who delivers exceptional results. By setting reasonable expectations, you give yourself the opportunity to completely impress the client with the final result and position yourself as someone they would like to continue to work with.
“Make sure that you don’t oversell yourself and promise unrealistic results”
When asked about the increasing rat race in the market, he speaks at volume on the topic by bringing erudition of his professional experience. He says, “The business world is risky. It isn’t for the thin-skinned, the weak-minded or the faint of heart. And if you fit in one of those colorful descriptors, sooner or later, you’re probably going to get weeded out of the entrepreneurial gene pool. Think of it as natural selection for startups and small business owners. In a competitive world, if you can’t keep your cool, stay focused and find a way to win against all odds, you’re toast.”
Mr.Thukral is influenced by some of the well-known figures such as Marc Cuban, Robert Herjavec and Kevin O’Leary. These names have a very strong impact in the entrepreneurial world. The life stories of these individuals have an unblemished mark on the professional aspect of Thukral group’s business. All the above three personalities have made the group learn that nothing in this world comes for easy. You need to work hard and there should be no compromise towards it. You need to work day in and day out and just keep working towards your goal. You cannot lose sight of your goals and your aims, otherwise you will deviate and the opportunity would never knock your door again.
Mr. Karan S. Thukral is actively associated, himself or through the firm, with various trades, industry and legal bodies. He is and has been a member of some esteemed associations which include:
- American Bar Association, Chicago
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association, Japan
- AEA International Lawyers, Europe
- International Bar Association, London
- Delhi High Court Bar Association, India
- Canadian Council-International Law, Canada
- Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law, Australia
Many feathers on the Cap
The Thukral Group has also won numerous accolades including:
- Best NRI Law Firm-2015 India, M&A Legal Awards-2015
- Best Constitutional Law Firm 2017 by the Insight Success Magazine.
- Best NRI Dispute Resolution Professionals, I PAC Legal Awards-2016
- Best Law Firm for Family Law: Divorces and Adoptions, I PAC Legal Awards-2016
- Constitutional Law Firm of the Year, Acquisition International Awards, England-2014
- Best Professionals for Wills, Inheritance, Acquisition International-England-2015
- Civil & Criminal Litigation Law Firm of the Year, International Advisory Experts-2016
At present, it is working on a severe expansion process which includes partnering with top level Law Firms and Attorneys around the globe under its umbrella. Thukral group plans and contemplates to establish offices in three more countries. The main expansion level of the Firm includes entering and establishing more partnerships with the top reputed lawyers and Law Firms in U.K., U.S.A. and Canada.
Know the Founder
Karan S.Thukralis a bibliophile and loves to read inspiring success stories of business personalities. Some of the books that is close to his heart include‘You don’t have to be a Shark’, ‘Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women and Money’ and ‘How to win at the Sport of Business’.